Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Today I started the publishing process. The first thing I learned was that all uploading has to be done with COMBINED documents. I had thought I might have to change my Word documents into a .pdf file, but that was not the case, at least for editing purposes. What you have to do is combine each of your Word documents (in my case, chapters) into one Word document. Oh and BTW the same is true for any graphic content. All has to be combined into (in this case) a winzip file.
Anyway, after about four tries and a few missteps I think I got everything sent to the publisher. I had guessed at my length and when it was combined I was spot on. Imagine!
I was then asked some questions to help the editor make his/her way through my baby. The nice thing is that I feel there is someone on the other end of the upload process who is paying attention and (hopefully) as the process develops, cares.
Doubt if I’ll have anything on this process to report on Saturday, but being regular is good exercise.